Because you don’t have to look at the Golden Globes or any Red Carpet event only for gown inspirations. You can have a look at it and get inspiration to your every day life, day to night. How? Paying attention to the event’s trends and singling them out. Just like that:
- Colorblock of the night: black and white.
- Major colors: white, shades of red, blue, nude, pink, soft shades in general. Black still that safe option.
- The dress color worn somewhere else in the look: hair, make up, a purse… evoking an all-(pick your color) look. Ish.
- Strapless dresses.
- Off-the-shoulder dresses.
- Bodice dresses.
- Slit dresses.
- Ballgowns, with full skirts Cinderela like.Pants as a dress bottom or as a tuxedo.
- Long sleeve dresses (great options for a gown in the cold season).
- Plunging V necklines.
- Cape dress or as a sleeve.
- Ballgown, Cinderela like.
- See-through details.
- Sparkling dresses.
- Velvet. Whole gown or in details.
- Bow as a detail.
Those were a few trends from this year Golden Globe Awards. And from that list you can reach for pieces like that and wear them in your real life. Some things would be better to sport on an evening, at a party or a night out to celebrate something, but others can be inserted in your daily life like a color (red) or a shade of color, a detail (like a velvet belt or a bow) and so on.
But still, if what you want is gown inspirations, literally… there are very often some options way more down to earth so we, non celebrities, can wear more comfortably among what came up in the Red Carpet such as:
Which one or ones to pick? Well, it will all depend on your style, taste and feel good factor.
A good tip from one of the attendees, Jameela Jamil from The Good Place (love that show and Jameela) that I want to register here: wear under your gown a skinny jeans or a jean legging to keep your legs warm when the weather is cold. Okay, she took care of her legs and obviously forgot her top since she wore a strapless gown. But in real life you don’t have to. You can wear a jacket or a shawl or a long sleeve dress for that matter.
You can check Jameela’s video showing her jeans underneath her gown in the link below👇🏽:
If you want to see some of my favorite looks from last night, check my Pinterest board here. There you can also check those trends up close and personal. Look for my comments on the post there.